You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘James Bond 007’ tag.

Last night marked the London premier of Skyfall at the Royal Albert Hall.  Fans turned out in droves to catch a glimpse of the stars of the film, and even Charles & Camilla.  Daniel Craig walked the red carpet in what appeared to be a blue shawl collar dinner jacket from Tom Ford which differed only slightly from the classic black number he sports in the movie.

At some point in the film – my guess is it follows London – 007 finds himself in Shanghai where he encounters the beautiful Severine played by French actress Berenice Marlohe.  The trailer shows an encounter where he inquires about her boss, who we may assume to be Javier Bardem’s character.  They later film a shower scene together, and at another point he watches her in a hotel room from across the street (more on that later this week.)

The shawl collar tuxedo is very classic, and fairly easy to find in most stores including, yep you guessed it, J.Crew.  And if you hadn’t already figured it out, I have assembled a kit below highlighting the elements to Bond’s sleek style using mostly items found at J.Crew.  Can you spot the one that isn’t?

Clockwise From Top Left:

Ludlow Shawl-Collar Tuxedo with Slim Pants in Italian Wool | $525, Jacket $265, Pants

Satin bow tie | $52

White linen pocket square | $42

Omega Seamaster Special Edition | From $4,195,

Preston bluchers | $215

Black satin cummerbund | $75

Thomas Mason® for J.Crew Ludlow bib tuxedo shirt | $148


Regular readers of Crabapple know that there are few things I covet in life more that watches, sunglasses, and socks.  I find myself buying socks more often than I care to admit – saving the larger scale purchasing of the other two for more prosperous and special occasions. 

A few years ago I picked up the Longines Hydroconquest Automatic with the stainless steel bracelet at a sample sale in New York for probably about a third of the retail selling price.  I wear this watch probably 80% of the time.  The other 20% I switch between a Tissot with a brown leather strap, two dressier watches from Longines and Raymond Weil, and a couple Timberland watches.  Read the rest of this entry »

Daniel Craig as James Bond 007
Casino Royale (2006)
Quantum of Solace (2008)
Bond 23 (2012)
43 years old today.
Happy Birthday!


At this point we should all be aware that Bond 23 has finally been given the green light, and will feature the return of Daniel Craig as James Bond 007, and will be directed by Sam Mendes.  Much of the internet buzz speaks of the return to the glory of Casino Royale (2006) while leaving Quantum of Solace (2008) a distant memory.  I agree that Casino was a far superior movie, but let’s not discount Quantum completely.

Some positives included:

  1. Awesome car chase scene at the beginning with a sweet Alfa Romeo chasing Bond in his sweeter Aston Martin.
  2. Strawberry Fields.
  3. The airplane chase.
  4. Daniel Craig sporting Tom Ford.
  5. Sick MI6 technology (which unlike in old movies, actually made sense for the time.)
  6. Believable story line – why wouldn’t a sinister organization try to bribe a dictator?

I am excited to see what Sam Mendes will bring to the mix.  The countdown to November 2012 has begun…I just realized I will be 35 when this movie is released…geez.

Once I find an appropriate countdown clock it will be installed on this page.  And for more on my James Bond obsession check out my newest Tumblr appropriately titled 00 by clicking here or on the photo at the top left of the page.


Crabapple on Twitter

Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.

%d bloggers like this: